Dr. Jie Liang, P.Eng.
- Professor, Associate Director, School of Engineering Science, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Ph.D. from the Johns Hopkins University
- Research areas: Video Coding, Video Processing, Deep Learning
- Associate Editor of six international journals
- Worked at Microsoft Windows Media Video Codec Group, with 8 patents
- 2015 Canada NSERC DAS Award
Dr. John Wu, P.Eng.
- Bachelor, Master, and PhD from University of Science and Technology of China
- Postdocs at University of Calgary
- Author of the book Multiagent Robotic Systems, by CRC Press, FL 2001.
- 10+ years of experience at Arrow Electronics (World Top 120, NYSE:ARW)
Dr. Ye Lu
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- 1997: Developed a procedure to generate animation with inverse kinematics
- Core developer of Business Objects’ backend servers and workflow engine
- Lead for the activity component in EA Active, EA’s best-selling Wii game
- Co-founder and CEO of GhostBird (Acquired by Yahoo in 2013):
- PhotoForge2: First Photoshop-style editing app on iOS
- KitCam: No. 1 photo app in 38 countries and No. 2 paid app overall
- Principal Engineer of Yahoo’s new Flickr mobile app
Dr. Z. Jane Wang, P.Eng.
- Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, University of British Columbia
- IEEE Fellow
- Research Areas: Multimedia and Biomedical Signal Processing, Machine Learning, Deep Learning
- 2005 IEEE Signal Processing Society Best Paper Award. 2004 EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing Best Paper Award
- 100+ journal papers and 90+ conference papers
- Area/Associate Editor for six IEEE journals
- Founder of Bob Zhang Inc. CPA firm
- 25 years of experience in financial, statements, budgeting, taxation, financial and financing consulting
- Worked at the Central Bank of China
- Rich business development experience